Welcome to Northwest Tech and our Student Showcase!
Who attends Digital Design?
This class is a little unique because freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors along with adult students can attend Digital Design. High school students can attend all morning or all afternoon or for just two periods. Adults can attend 1/2 or all day.
So what’s available in Digital Design??
There are two career majors available for high school students:
- Desktop Publisher/Graphic Designer
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Web Producer
- Adobe Dreamweaver
What makes this class special?
- All things Apple — iMac, Thunderbolt display, Apple TV
- All things Adobe — Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign
- Wacom drawing tablets at every computer
- Individualized instruction
- Online training (Lynda.com)
- Hands-on Projects
- Counts for Computer Credit for OHLAP or Oklahoma’s Promise
- College credit available (to those who meet criteria) through Northern Oklahoma College
- Every student maintains a WordPress blog
- Every student maintains a website
Want to view examples of Student Blogs and Websites?
- Megan – http://mgarnettdd12.wordpress.com
- Dianna – http://dgonzalezdd12.wordpress.com
- Conner W – http://cwhitleydd12.wordpress.com
- EmmaRae – http://ecookdd12.wordpress.com
- Connor C – http://ccummingsdd12.wordpress.com
- Matt – http://mmartindd12.wordpress.com
- Caleb – http://csmithdd12.wordpress.com
- Jayna – http://jhadwigerdd12.wordpress.com
- Emily – http://eshaferdd12.wordpress.com
- Megan – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/mgarnettdd12/
- Dianna – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/dgonzalezdd12/
- Conner – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/cwhitleydd12/assignments.html
- EmmaRae – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/ecookdd12/
- Connor – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/ccummingsdd12/
- Matt – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/mmartindd12/
- Caleb – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/csmithdd12/assignments.html
- Jayna – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/jhadwigerdd12/
- Emily – http://www.student.nwtech.edu/eshaferdd12/assignments.html
What types of projects have students completed this year?
Some photos of projects student completed are on the Class Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/nwtech.web!
What do students have to say about the class?
Check out Jeremy’s animation – http://goanimate.com/videos/0qAicEs4p35U?utm_source=linkshare
Where can you find more information about the class?
- Instructor blog – nwtechdigitaldesign.wordpress.com
- Class Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/nwtech.web