It is a very busy time of year! This is a very long but important post… read the entire post! You do have a few assignments that must be submitted before the end of the year…. do not let your grade drop because time gets away from you and you don’t get the work completed! Read the entire announcement before sending me your goals for this week!
The assignments that must be completed by everyone include:
- End of school letter – Due Thursday, May 15 – See requirements below
- Samples of your work (first year students only because returning students have this in portfolio) – Due Thursday, May 15 – See requirements below
- Project for wall – Due Tuesday, May 20 – Must be a representation of you or your work. Must be 11″ x 17″. Must have your name or photo on it somewhere. Must be appropriate!
Returning students, if you have not completed your print portfolio as well as your online portfolio, please do so by Thursday.
Tonight is the National Technical Honor Society induction ceremony at 5:30 pm. Students need to dress nice for this. Do not wear shorts, t-shirts, old jeans, etc. If you do not have something appropriate to wear, please visit with me before you leave class today. Photos will be taken and many guests will be present. Please represent yourself and the school well!
Next Tuesday, May 13, is our school wide awards assembly at 9 am. Everyone must be here by 8:50 am. Class photos will be taken after the awards assembly so please dress nice! No caps…. no athletic wear… Everyone will be called to the front and photos will be taken. Look nice! We do not have in the afternoon that day since all students must attend in the morning.
End of School Letter assignment — All students need to write a letter to me (using business professional layout) which includes the following:
- first paragraph – why you took this class, expectations you had, and whether or not those expectations were me
- second paragraph – what you liked best about the class as well as what you liked least about the class and ideas for changes or improvements that could be made for future students
- third paragraph – your future plans such as what you will be doing next year as well as where you see yourself in five years and how what you learned or experienced in this class may impact or be utilized in your future plans
Samples of work assignment (first year students only) – You will need to prepare 10 – 15 printed samples of your work from throughout the year. You will have the “before” and “after” of the work as well as the description of what tools and techniques you used for that work. Each sample of work will be on a separate page and placed in a sheet protector and placed in your Professional Development Planner. You may want to use Microsoft Word to complete this. Please ask me for help if you are not clear of my expectations. I would also suggest you complete one sample and get my feedback before completing all the samples.
Some important dates to keep in mind:
- Monday, May 5 – National Technical Honor Society induction ceremony at 5:30 pm
- Friday, May 9 – No class
- Tuesday, May 13 – Awards assembly at 9 am – all students attend and no class in afternoon
- Thursday, May 15 – End of school letter due and samples of work due
- Friday, May 16 – No class
- Tuesday, May 20 – Project for wall due
- Tuesday, May 20 – AHS Semester Tests for Seniors for hours 2, 4 and 6
- Wednesday, May 21 – AHS Semester Tests for hours 1, 3, 5, and 7
- Thursday, May 22 – Last day of school for AHS students – Semester tests for hours 2, 4, and 6
- Monday, May 26 – No class
- Wednesday, May 28 – Last day of class for adult students
At this point, the AHS Semester test schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, May 20 (Seniors only semester tests for hours 2, 4, and 6)
- Second hour – 8:30 – 9:50 am – Shivam (exempt), Brianna, Aaron M., and Kramer (exempt)
Wednesday, May 21
- First Hour – 8:30 – 9:50 am – EmmaRae (exempt) and Jacoby (exempt)
- Third Hour – 10:00 – 11:05 am – Shivam (exempt), Brianna, Aaron M., and Kramer (exempt)
- Fifth Hour – 12:30 – 1:25 pm – Tanner, Sarah (exempt), Colby, Traci (exempt), and Lane (exempt)
- Seventh Hour – 1:30 – 2:55 pm – Zariah (exempt), Logan (exempt), Connor C., Matt (exempt), Taylor (exempt), Gagan (exempt), and Aaron P. (exempt)
Thursday, May 22
- Second Hour – 8:30 – 9:50 am – EmmaRae (exempt) and Jacoby (exempt)
- Sixth Hour – 12:40 – 2:00 pm – Zariah (exempt), Logan (exempt), Colby, and Sarah (exempt)
Remember, if I have you listed as “exempt” but you are tardy, leave early, or are absent between now and then, that status will change!
Quote: The world is moving so fast these days that the one who says it can’t be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it. ~ Harry Emerson Fosdick