Before you can work on anything else…. you must log in to your Dreamweaver remote host site and delete any .psd and/or .tiff files. The .psd files do not display on your website which is why you save them as .jpg or .png or .gif. These files are not needed on the file server and you are taking up precious room on our web hosting. If you have questions about how to do this, please ask me. If you are wanting to store original .psd files as a backup somewhere other than the hard drive of your computer, please save them to the dropbox.
Tanner, Sarah, Lane, and Traci — Please get your information sheet from me and check the contact information. Change anything that is incorrect. Initial or sign the sheet and return to me today.
Before you leave today sure to submit your time sheets along with a list of what you have completed this week. If all the work you have completed is on the last page of printouts for you website, please do not print the entire website but just that one page. If you do not know how to specify just one page, please ask me how.
You may work on projects today if you want. You will actually be allowed to work on projects for the next several days as long as they are approved by me. Some examples of projects include:
- Social host law project which I posted in yesterday’s blog.
- Acceptable drawings using the drawing tablet that may then be printed on 5″ x 7″ or 8.5″ x 11″ or 13″ x 19″ photo paper or 11″ x 17″ poster paper.
- Edited photos or photo collages that can be printed on 5″ x 7″ or 8.5″ x 11″ or 13″ x 19″ photo paper or 11″ x 17″ poster paper.
- T-shirt or sweatshirt designs as long as you bring a new, never been washed, t-shirt or sweatshirt. You may use the t-shirt transfers for light colored material (not dark material). The designs cannot just be images off the internet but a design you have created that doesn’t include standard fonts.
- Photo or artwork puzzle but it cannot be an image taken off the internet. It must be something you have designed.
- Buttons or magnets or keychains but they cannot just include images off the internet. The design must be created by you.
- Calendars. Option 1: The calendars may be 8.5″ x 11″ calendars that have a cover, top page for each month, and a bottom page with calendar dates for each month. The cover and tops need to be created in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign. The bottoms which include calendar dates can be created using MS Word or MS Excel. Please ask me for more information if you are interested in this project. Option 2: The calendar can be created on 11″ x 17″ poster paper or 13″ x 19″ photo paper. The poster calendar can include an image and then the calendar dates for the entire year. Ask me for examples.
- Christmas cards
- Gift name tags
- iMovie year in review project which includes highlights (only acceptable ones) of 2013 for either you, your family, or activities for your school.
If you want more examples of projects that I may allow you to work on in class, please visit the Digital Design Pinterest page and look at the Projects board. Ask me if you have permission to work on certain project before you start it. You would have to provide your own materials if you select certain projects.