A big welcome to the AHS Sophomores! Hope you enjoy your day with us!
My students.. be sure to submit your detailed goals for the week. Remember that we just have class on Monday and Tuesday!
I have put your grades time sheets in the front of your professional development planners. The updated grades and attendance are not online yet but will be by Tuesday!
Be sure to submit your time sheets along with a list of the assignments and/or projects you completed this week.
If you are presenting on Monday and Tuesday mornings, please create a blog entry with links to your blog posts with your favorite work (open each link in a new window so it can be closed) or samples of the before and after of your favorite work. If you have a classmate that you want to display something of theirs, create a link for that as well.
If you are not presenting next week, you should prepare a blog entry with links to your favorite work or projects…. you never know when I might call upon you to share with the visitors so please be prepared!
If you are going to be helping me next Monday and Tuesday, please email me your cell phone number. I want to be able to notify you in case tours are cancelled so that you will know to attend your regular classes. I don’t want anyone getting in trouble for not being in class due to miscommunication.
Many of you have completed some cool projects this week! Way to apply what you have learned!
The following are some projects and/or work from the week:
- EmmaRae – Tattoos (11.19.13) – Sleeve Tattoos (11.20.13) – More Tattoos (11.21.13)
- Logan – Flobot project sketch (11.18.13) – update (11.19.13) – update (11.20.13)
- Lillie – Photo edit (11.21.13) – Snowman photo (11.21.13) – Guinea pig (11.21.13)
- Brianna – Photo color enhancement (11.21.13) – Photo enhancement (11.19.13)
- Jacoby – Creating Lightening (11.21.13) – Man descending side of can (11.20.13)
- Gagan – Photo Edit (11.21.13) – Photo Edit (11.20.13) – Photo Edit (11.19.13)
- Connor W. – Koozie and Website (11.21.13) – Ultimate Fitness (11.20.13) – website (in progress)
- Connor C. – Photo Painting (11.18.13) – Photo drawing (11.19.13)
- Taylor – Poster with Clipping Mask (11.21.13) – Changing color of image (11.20.13)
- Traci – Koozie (11.21.13) – Mousepad (11.19.13)
- Niki – Bubble image (11.18.13) – Enhanced bubble image (11.19.13) – Image with fish (11.20.13)
- Macy – Motion Blur (11.20.13) – Cherokee Chiefs koozie (11.21.13) – Lens Flare edits (11.21.13)
- Sarah – Drawing (11.18.13) – Koozie (11.21.13)
- Tanner – Drawing Version 1 (11.18.13) – Drawing Version 2 (11.19.13)
- Kramer – Michael Jordan (11.19.13) – Deer (11.20.13) – Bike Rider (11.21.13)
- Aaron – Pickup (11.18.13) – Motion Blur (11.19.13) – In car (11.21.13)
- Shivam – Dragon (11.19.13)
- Zariah – Starbugs Coffee logo (11.19.13)
- Colby – Koozie and lesson (11.21.13) – Photo Editing (11.18.13)
- Lane – Photo edit (11.19.13) – Photo edit motion blur (11.18.13)
- Matt – Band poster (11.21.13)
- Emily – Mushroom (11.21.13)
The students who will be helping me Monday and Tuesday afternoons must make at least one koozie today if you are not familiar with the process.
Schedule for Monday and Tuesday for helpers:
- 8:05 – 8:55: Get ready for tour groups
- 8:55 – 9:15: Group 1
- 9:17 – 9:37: Group 2
- 9:39 – 10:21: No groups for us
- 10:23 – 10:43: Group 3
- 10:45 – 11:05: Group 4
- 11:07 – 11:27: Group 5
- 11:27 – 11:30: Group 5 completes paperwork for afternoon sessions
- 11:30 – 12:10: Lunch time for my helpers and get room ready for afternoon group activities
- 12:15 – 1:25: First afternoon group
- 1:30 – 2:10: Second afternoon group
- 2:10 – rest of afternoon: Clean up and/or go back to regular class
All day helpers will be:
- EmmaRae – Tuesday only
- Connor C – Monday only
- Conner W – except Tuesday afternoon
- Traci – except 4th hour
- Emily – except 4th hour
- Macy – except Monday morning
Afternoon helpers who need to come to class early are:
- Logan (will DCA 4th/5th hours at AHS)
- Tanner (will DCA 4th hour at AHS)
- Colby (will DCA 4th hour at AHS)
- Lane (will DCA 4th hour at AHS)
The rest of the students will work on projects or assignments on those days. Morning students may want to be sure to bring or use headphones those days if you don’t want to hear the same thing repeated five times.
If you are not one of the seven students who will be helping me present in the morning sessions but you have completed a project or assignment that you think the sophomores would be interested in, please email the link to the assignment or project on your blog and tell me why they would be interested or find it “cool”. You all have done great things this semester. I will explore options for displaying samples of everyone’s work!
Have you always wanted Adobe Photoshop but not purchased it because of the cost? Here is your chance to get the most current versions of Adobe Photoshop plus Adobe Lightroom along with a couple other perks for just $10 a month! What a bargain! Don’t delay though because the offer is only good until Dec. 2nd! Kinda sounds like I’m an Adobe sales rep doesn’t it? I don’t work for Adobe but that is a good price if you want the product.http://prodesigntools.com/new-photoshop-cc-photography-program.html.
Do you have a big entrepreneurial dream but lacking the funds to make it happen? If so, check out the “Dream Big Oklahoma” Grant Contests.
Check out “Realistically colorized historical photos” by Twentytwowords.com for some amazing Photoshop work.
You will attend the Career Center today at the following times:
- 8:25 – 9:15 am – EmmaRae and Jacoby
- 9:25 – 10:15 am – Lillie, Niki, Shivan, Kramer, Brianna, and Aaron
- 12:40 – 1:30 pm – Conner, Macy, Colby, Tanner, Lane, Traci, and Sarah
- 2:10 – 3:00 pm – Logan and Emily
- 2:35 – 3:25 pm – Zariah, Connor, Gagan, Matt, and Taylor
We will be hosting Sophomore Tours next Monday and Tuesday. Monday the AHS Sophomores will be here. Tuesday the Cherokee, Freedom, Burlington, and Waynoka Sophomores will be here. Due to the tours, there will be some changes to the class and schedule those days. I will be visiting with you in more detail during the next couple of days.
Also.. we will not have school next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday due to Thanksgiving Break.
Mrs. Rackley will be my sub today. You should continue working on your goals for the week.
Be sure to check your email each day.
Just a reminder that if you do not submit a leave request prior to an absence you will have points deducted from your “work habits” grade for that day. Even if you are excused for a school activity, you must submit a leave request prior to absence to not have points deducted. You also must have a blog entry for each day… even days you are absent or you will have points deducted from you blog entry grade… basically… no blog entry.. no blog points. Most of you do great at submitting leave requests and posting blog entries.. .just a reminder for those who haven’t been.
Check out Sarah’s drawing project she completed yesterday using Photoshop and the drawing tablet – http://shatfielddd13.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/november-18th/.
This week you have some options…
1) You make work on editing or creating composites of photos of your own. You will need to use techniques you have learned using masks, layers adjustments, blending modes, filters, etc. These edits need to be positive and uplifting edits… no dark, depressing, gloomy, edits. All images need to be 8.5″ x 11″ or 11″ x 8.5″. You will need to post the before and after images as well as a detailed description of the editing process. If you want to work with textures in your work but don’t have any, check out the page “30 Free High Resolution Texture Packs” by SpeckyBoy. If you need helping downloading the textures, please ask me.
2) You may work with the drawing tablet. Create artwork that is appropriate (not bloody or gruesome). The artwork needs to be 8.5″ x 11″. You will need to provide a detailed description of the tools, brushes, etc. used for the artwork. If you want to work on some courses related to drawing, here are a few you may try:
3) Continue working on Lynda.com lessons.
Be sure to email me your goals for the week before the end of class today.
Remember to make your blog post each day… even for days you will not be in class.
Upcoming important dates:
- Monday, Nov. 25 – Alva High School Sophomore tours
- Tuesday, Nov. 26 – Area high school sophomore tours
- Wed, Nov. 27 – Fri. Nov. 29 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
We finally made it… to Friday!
You can work on a project if you email me at the beginning of class. No t-shirts this week. Try to expand your knowledge and try something new! Don’t just take a graphic off the internet and put on something. Try to utilize your Photoshop skills in a new way. If you can’t come up with a project idea, check out some of the Photoshop tutorials I have pinned on the Digital Design Pinterest boards. No Halloween or horror type tutorials allowed.
Some more interesting information…
Think your life on social media won’t affect your future educational or professional plans? Check out the article “They Loved Your G.P.A. Then They Saw Your Tweets” from the New York Times.
Check out the courses (some free) provided by Adobe at Adobe KnowHow.
And…. good luck to the Alva Goldbugs and the Cherokee Chiefs in their games tonight!
Mr. Jakubek will be my sub today. If you are missing me… I’ll be back tomorrow!
Continue working on the Lynda.com lessons you specified in your weekly goals.
Shivam may start working on the Lynda.com course “Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing” if you have completed the course you were working on or you can go back to working on HTML and CSS.. I have put the necessary exercise files in your folder on the desktop.