The following assignments are due by the end of the week.
- Guest Blog Post – The “guest blog post” assignment was first assigned a few weeks ago. Each of you will be required to create a blog entry that I will share on this blog next week. What do I expect in your “guest blog”? I want you to share some of your favorite tips and/or tricks that you have learned either in class or on your own. The information can pertain to Macs in general or specific software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign. You can also share information about apps that you have found useful in graphic and/or web design. On the day I share your “guest blog” entry, I want you to give a short presentation in class utilizing the Apple TV. Questions?? Just ask! I’m looking forward to hearing all you have to share with us! And… these need to be more than just a few words or sentences.
- Samples of work — I want you have at least 20 samples of work in sheet protectors in your professional development planners. Use a variety of software or assignments or projects.
- Put a copy of your cover letter, resume, job application, and post-interview letter in your professional development planner in the Portfolio section.
- Create an 11 x 14 piece of work that I can frame and put on the wall. This can be a photo of you or collage of your photos or any other work of yours. ** You may work on this next week also. **
One week from Wednesday (May 15) is our Northwest Tech Awards Assembly. All students will attend class in the morning session that day. We will not have class in the afternoon since all students attend in the morning. During the awards assembly all students in my class will be called down to the front. I will introduce each of you individually. I will announce the following:
- How many Brainbench certifications you have earned this year and total in my class
- How many hours of college credit you earned this year and total in my class
- If you are a career major completer (must have passed all required Brainbench exams)
- If you competed in the state BPA contest
You only have this week to take any Brainbench exams which you would like to try to pass before the end of the year.
Be sure to email me your goals for the week.
You may work on the above listed items as well as any approved projects and Starting Your Own Business assignments. If you are working on the Starting Your Own Business assignments you should have completed the name and description, logo, tagline, business card, letterhead and envelope at this time. If you continue working on it this week you need to complete a t-shirt design. The remaining assignments will be due the end of next week.
Lynda.com has now added courses from “video2brain” to their training library. If you are looking for something new to work on, check out the new video2brain course offerings.
Quote: Do what is right, not what is easy. @WiseManCountry