Email me your goals for the week. You will attend the Career Center on Wednesday. We do have school on Friday. If you will not be here on Friday, be sure to submit a leave request prior to Friday. Lynda.com has a new course entitled “Artistic Painting with Illustrator Natural Media Brushes” in case any of you are interested.
Congratulations to the Lady Bugs on the State Championship Runner-Up win and an outstanding season. Great job to the Goldbugs on an outstanding season also!
Good luck to the FFA members showing this week.
Francis Tuttle Technology Center Rockwell Campus in Oklahoma City is hosting PixlFest on Thursday, March 28. PixlFest is a conference for creative students from across Oklahoma. Visit http://pixlcrew.com/pixlfest/ for information about PixlFest. PixlFest has three basic “tracks” or areas that will be covered throughout the day. The tracts are: Animation & Visual FX, Audio & Video Production, and Web & Programming. There is no required fee for attending PixlFest. Transportation will be provided; however, you will have to pay for your own meals and snacks. If you wish to purchase a PixlFest t-shirt which costs $10, you will have to bring your money before this Wednesday. We will leave our campus at approximately 5 am that morning to travel to OKC. We will return by approximately 7 pm that evening. You will have to purchase your own lunch at the Tut’s Cafe at Francis Tuttle. We will not leave the campus for lunch. You will need to have an emergency medical authorization form signed by a parent or guardian. If you are interested in attending PixlFest you will need to email me a request before this Wednesday. The request needs to include the following:
- Why do you want to attend PixlFest?
- Which tract you will attend (Animation & Visual FX or Web & Programming – not Audio & Video Production)
- How you plan on utilizing the knowledge you gain that day in the future
Only students who are in good standing and have good attendance will be allowed to attend PixlFest.
Some important dates or activities to keep in mind:
- March 18 – 22 – Spring Break – no class
- March 27 – Sophomore tours for Cherokee and Freedom students
- March 28 – PixlFest at Francis Tuttle Technology Center in OKC
- March 29 – Good Friday – no class
- April 1 – We DO have class. Original schedule said no class but this will be makeup day for snow.
- April 3 – SLC goes to Oklahoma City
- May 24 – Last day of class. Original schedule said last day was May 17 but had to add days on to the end due to snow and no water.
Quote: Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. ~ Michael Jordan @LV_Sports