Welcome back from Fall Break! One-fourth of the year down!
Be sure to email me your goals for this week. You will continue working on Lynda.com training. If you want to start something new, please visit with me. Be sure to do a project of your own after completing each “chapter” of training. If you have questions, please ask me. You will attend the Career Center Wednesday.
Just want to remind you of our new attendance policy this year at Northwest Tech. After 10 absences (every three tardies and/or leave earlier counts as one absence) you will not be allowed to enroll and attend the next semester. For example, if you miss 8 days and have six tardies before the end of December you will not be able to attend my class next semester. Adult students will not receive credit after ten absences. If you have questions about the policy, we can visit with Mr. Slater. We will adhere to the following procedures this year regarding attendance:
- After the 3rd absence – I will have a conference with you.
- After the 5th absence – Mr. Slater and I will have a conference with you.
- After the 7th absence – Mr. Slater with have a conference with you and your parent(s) or guardian.
- After the 9th absence for high school students – Mr. Slater and your high school principal will have a conference with you.
- After the 10th absence – Mr. Slater will have a conference with you. You will not be allowed to reenroll for the next semester.
Quote: Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ~ C.S. Lewis