Just want to be sure you are aware of our new attendance policy this year at Northwest Tech. After 10 absences (every three tardies and/or leave earlier counts as one absence) you will not be allowed to enroll and attend the next semester. For example, if you miss 8 days and have six tardies before the end of December you will not be able to attend my class next semester. Adult students will not receive credit after ten absences. If you have questions about the policy, we can visit with Mr. Slater. We will adhere to the following procedures this year regarding attendance:
- After the 3rd absence – I will have a conference with you.
- After the 5th absence – Mr. Slater and I will have a conference with you.
- After the 7th absence – Mr. Slater with have a conference with you and your parent(s) or guardian.
- After the 9th absence for high school students – Mr. Slater and your high school principal will have a conference with you.
- After the 10th absence – Mr. Slater will have a conference with you. You will not be allowed to reenroll for the next semester.
Mr. Slater will be meeting with all students this Friday to discuss the student handbook. The student handbook is available online at http://www.nwtech.edu/policies.htm. Mr. Slater will meet at the following times in the Seminar Room:
- 9 am – high school students
- 10:15 am – adult students and high school students who missed the 9 am session
- 1 pm – high school students
- 2:15 pm – adult students and high school students who missed the 1 pm session
The Superintendent’s Leadership Class (SLC) is a wonderful opportunity for students. If you are interested in applying for SLC, you may access the information from our school website at http://www.nwtech.edu/slc.htm. The application and references are due by September 7th. Don’t delay if you are interested. You should give the information to the people you want to use as references as soon as possible so they have time to complete and return the forms to the office by the deadline!
If you are not sure what to work on, please ask!
I will be participating in a webinar today at 11 am. I will be in my office from 11 until 11:30 am.
Quote: The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Lady Dorothy Nevill